As you may have seen in my shop, I enjoy working with different type of materials.
In my MACRAME COLLECTIONS, every creation has a unique combination of stones and metals ( please check the product description as I will mention the metal/materials used).
- I always use high quality polyester cords ( LINHASITA brasilian cord), and although they are resistant to water, I don’t recommend contact to water.
- In my macrame creations, I also work also with these metals: copper, brass and zamak ( mix alloy of zinc aluminum magnesium and copper). They will naturally tarnish over time. This will give your piece an antique feel and look.
However, to prevent faster oxidation and extend the life of all the materials that make up your jewel, here you have GENERAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Chemicals like hairspray, perfume, deodorant, body lotion, bleach, fruit juice, tea etc., can speed up the tarnishing process.
- Store your jewelry in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Store your jewelry in individual, small bags, or in a jewelry box.
- Do not store jewelry unprotected in the bathroom or exposed to humidity and moisture.
In my SILVER/BRASS/COPPER COLLECTIONS, I use sterling silver (925 Silver), brass and copper. These metals will tarnish over time.
To preserve the initial appearance of your jewels, you can clean them regularly with the small cloth provided with your jewel. Store in a dry place if possible individually in a box or bag.